Monday, August 27, 2012

see the sunlight, we ain't stopping

It's rather odd, but I end up being almost nocturnal when I come to Iowa...last night I stayed up until after two, and now it's suddenly three a.m. I know better than to start updating my website at midnight, but I started anyway, which is why I'm now here, bleary-eyed and tired. But I'm glad I did it; I needed to update some stuff anyway, and I'm trying to optimize the design on my own so that I don't have to drop several thousand dollars on a professional website (which I was considering doing, but none of them really impress me any more than what I can do on my own unless I truly spend a lot of money).

Anyway, the rest of my day was good; I got up sometime before noon (barely), hung out with my mom, took a shower, hung out some more, and read about a variety of scandals in publishing (including authors who are paying for reviews...which just makes it harder for everyone else to have any credibility). I also did some serious brainstorming for Nick and Ellie; I'm considering giving Nick five new siblings and am debating whether this is brilliant or a terrible, terrible idea. As I typed that I had a realization for why it might be terrible, so I'm going to sleep on it before I make any rash decisions...

Okay, that's all I've got - I need to sleep, particularly since I really need to stop brainstorming and just forge ahead with this writing business. Goodnight!

No comments: