Saturday, August 25, 2012

offer up your best defense

I'm sorry that I didn't blog last night. Actually, scratch that - I'm not sorry at all. sssanyway, yesterday was v. lazy since I was still acclimating to being back in Iowa (and slept until approximately noon). But, I did see my dad's baby peacocks, some of his cows, and his fancy new automatic watering system that is leaps and bounds above the system he had going to water the cows the last time I was home. And we went for a drive and picked up some tomatoes from someone nearby, and then saw one of his business associates (and they talked about corn yields in a language that I found inexplicable, although I did understand immediately that it's unheard of to be harvesting corn in August, but with the drought they might as well do it now).

Today was somewhat less lazy; I woke up at like 9:30, and while I didn't write any actual scenes, I made a lot of notes on all the scenes that are coming next. I also got three of my email inboxes down to zero; I haven't touched my personal inbox in days, but I'm at least making progress with the romance world. And I hung out with the parents; we had steak for supper, which is always delightful.

And with that utterly uninteresting update, it's time for bed -- goodnight!

No comments: