Saturday, August 18, 2012

despite all my rage i am still just a rat in a cage

I woke up this morning feeling better than I deserved, although I had not slept particularly well; the combination of alcohol and an unfamiliar bed (although not that unfamiliar, since I've stayed over at Heather and Salim's several times) is always enough to make me sleep poorly. But I woke up at 8:15, showered, put on yesterday's clothes, and then went with Heather as she left for work so that she could drop me off at my car. We had a lovely conversation on the way to work, which I shall not repeat here, and then I got in my car, thought about getting breakfast, and instead got a coffee at Philz to keep me awake for the drive back to the evil city.

When I got here, I put on something cleaner and went down the street to buy brunch, since I was starving and didn't feel like cooking. Then I came home, grabbed my car, and went to the grocery store to stock up on a few tings so that I can eat between now and my trip to Iowa next week. When I got home, I thought about being productive, but then my mother called and we ended up talking for an hour. Then, I gave into temptation and napped for an hour like a boss.

By that time it was five p.m., and about three minutes after I woke up, Terry came home from work. I chatted with her for awhile, and messed around on my laptop while she and her sister watched part of "So You Think You Can Dance" before going out to do something fun. I stayed in like the hermit I am, made the most awesomely delicious five minute supper ever (arugula, fresh heirloom tomato, fresh burrata mozzarella, and some sliced roast beef sandwich meat - I was going to make a pork chop, but I need to brine it and I'd forgotten to do it earlier). YUM. I also opened a bottle of wine to go with it, and so fueled by tasty overpriced cheese and a glass and a half of wine, I forced myself to write four pages of Nick and Ellie. And now that I'm satisfied that I'm not a complete loser, I'm going to go to bed and attempt to repeat the feat tomorrow, only with three times and much writing and no alcohol and no naps. Goodnight!

No comments: