Wednesday, January 09, 2013

we gonna party like it's 3012 tonight

I must go to sleep immediately, for reasons that are [censored] - but today was a lovely day spent preparing for life and contemplating the secret novella I may or may not write in the next few weeks. I spent the morning answering emails, and then I got a v. long, v. relaxing manicure/pedicure to up my presentability quotient. After the mani/pedi, I came hom, ate leftover thai food, worked on the novella for a couple of hours, and meticulously hand swept the pine needles that were littering the downstairs. Not exactly the kind of task that makes things easy on my OCD side, but the living room looks much better, so that's good.

After that, I got dressed in something other than workout pants and went to the Castro to have dinner with Tammy, who is in town, and her boyfriend Daniel, who is always in town. They were in fine form, and we spent some quality time discussing new year's resolutions (verdict: don't make new year's resolutions) and other fun stuff. Then I came home, talked to Terry (who had feedback about Nick and Ellie, since she just finished reading the draft I had sent her - yay), and am going to go to bed, where I plan to sleep the sleep of the just. Goodnight!

No comments: