Monday, January 21, 2013

everybody's working for the weekend

My Internet is being stupid, which means I had to start typing this on my iPad, which means I'm going to quickly lose interest and throw it across the room. Today was good, though - I accomplished a lot even if I didn't finish my book, and I'm feeling good about the week ahead (I think). I spent the day tweaking my new cover, typing up those eighteen pages I wrote on Saturday, buying a dress (I swear I can stop anytime), and getting a manicure with Terry so my nails look all spiffy (and properly varnished rather than just covered in fountain pen ink).

Post writing/pampering, I went over to John and Jess's, where John made a delightful almost-paleo feast and we caught up on everything that has happened to all of us in the past month. I also pitched them on [censored]'s idea for [censored], but they asked the same question most people do ("why Iowa?"), which makes me think I need to work on my pitch. That is a problem for another time, however; right now I'm going to take the v unusual step of going to bed at a regular-person hour (boo). Goodnight!

No comments: