Saturday, January 12, 2013

pretend he doesn't know that he's the reason why

SO TIRED OMG. Today was great, but I'm out of words and out of energy, and I need to get up early and do it all again. The day started off v. lowkey; I woke up early enough to make breakfast, clean up after it, do a load of laundry, run the dishwasher, change my sheets, etc., etc., and felt v. industrious as a result...

...but then social time started. I had to pick up my writer friend Darynda at the Oakland airport, since she's giving a talk to our romance chapter tomorrow and I'd offered to show her around the city if she came out. So I picked her up, brought her into SF, and spent the next five hours driving/walking around. We had lunch at the Ferry Building (tacos, yum), then went over the Golden Gate Bridge and back, then drove all over the place (crookedest street, Danielle Steel's house, Japantown, Tenderloin, downtown, etc) and took a brief walk around Chinatown/Union Square. Then, we took the incredibly slow trip back over the bridge to the east bay, where she checked into her hotel before we met up with a couple of other romance chapter people for dinner.

And dinner was lovely; I had prime rib, which went a long way toward restoring my energy. And really, the whole day was awesome - I love Darynda, and I love hanging out in the city, so it was great. But since I've spent the past couple of days just driving people around and trying to think of interesting things to show them, I think my tour guide skills are about tapped out. We'll see whether I survive tomorrow. I have the romance meeting in the morning, and then I'm taking Darynda to Alcatraz...doesn't that sound like something I've already done this week? I'm looking forward to it - but I think it was smart to book a writing retreat in an undisclosed location next week so that I can refocus, recover, and finish these damn revisions. Goodnight!

No comments: