Saturday, January 05, 2013

how can we make love if we can't make amends?

Today was lovely, albeit wet...San Francisco is certainly warmer than Iowa was, but it has also been much greyer the past couple of days, which is a shame. Or maybe just today - I guess I don't remember much about yesterday's weather in the city, and it was sunny in the south bay. Whatever - I'm sure I'll start keeping track of the days better once I fall back into some semblance of a routine. sssanyway, it was very grey today, which contributed to my delinquency. I slept until 9:30, then made myself some bacon and some scrambled eggs with cream and herbes de provence, which were delish. After cleaning up my breakfast mess, I made gluten-free chocolate chip scones, and then showered, messed around on the internet, and contemplated Nick and Ellie.

Around three, though, the real fun began - Heather (aka dear respected madam) came over for teatime, which was the rationale for baking scones. Terry joined us for teatime, so I made a big batch of tea and we sat around the table eating scones and talking about [censored]'s recommendation that I colonize [censored], which met with a surprising degree of enthusiasm (although I think they were seeing dollar signs in hopes that TLC or Lifetime would make a reality tv show about the endeavor). Then, Terry went out for a drink with someone, and Heather and I drank some more tea and talked about Nick and Ellie. We continued that discussion, with some interruptions, over supper at Regent Thai, and it was all very lovely.

The good news is that Heather loved it; the bad news (if it can be called bad news) is that we came up with a better idea for how to resolve that f*@%ing killer subplot, which will necessitate some rewriting of the ending. Not a tragic amount of rewriting, but between that and the couple of other scenes I want to add/tweak, I need to get cracking. I don't want to start tomorrow, though, since I'm kind of waiting to hear back from my agent about all her feedback and any other business considerations before I start...so I'm kind of twiddling my thumbs on it and just jotting down notes rather than doing a wholesale rewrite. Hopefully that feedback comes in soon, though, since I want to turn it into my editor by the end of next week...fingers crossed.

After dinner, I dropped Heather off at her car, came home, and talked to Terry for awhile before getting back into my Nick and Ellie zone. Now, though, I should sleep - goodnight!

No comments: