Friday, May 31, 2013

the restless heart, the promised land

I'm too tired to blog, or to do much of anything else; I hit the wall this afternoon, and I realized there's no way to un-hit it unless I go to bed early and get nine hours of sleep. So, that's precisely what I intend to do. But today was good if you can ignore my exhaustion (which you probably can, since it isn't yours). I made it to the conference, met with several partners, and then took a break to grab coffee with Sarah, the writer friend I met up with the other night. We still had industry stuff to gossip about, so we spent a fun hour talking shop. Then I went back to work and met another client or two before calling it a day. I took a break in the hotel, but I eventually dragged myself out for a steak and a glass of wine down the street from the hotel.

And now, I must sleep. My mind is racing with all the million things I want to do with both of my careers, and it doesn't help that I'm feeling a massive urge to write. It also doesn't help that I have to work tomorrow. But I hope to write tomorrow night and Sunday so that I can feel like I'm making progress. But for now, after that ridiculously boring post, it's time for bed!

No comments: