Thursday, May 23, 2013

the way you love me

Too many days like today are going to make me flee to the peninsula and leave the evil city behind - you've been warned. I left home at 7:25 and didn't get to campus until 9:10, which gave me just enough time to grab a subpar breakfast before my jam-packed day of meetings started. Needless to say, I was incredibly surly, verging on rage-filled. Then I had an hour of meetings before getting back in my car and going to the dentist. At least that was smooth; I had no cavities for the tenth or twelfth or fifteenth year in a row, so we're moving to doing xrays every two years. And the hygienist complimented me on my flossing efforts, so I suppose that's something.

After the dentist, I went back to work and slogged the rest of the day. Sadly, all of that slogging involved sitting in meetings, so I don't know that I was that productive, but the meetings themselves seemed good. Then I cut out of work at 5:20 to have dinner with Heather (aka dear respected madam) and Jen, who had worked with me and Heather waaaay back in the day, when we were all young and optimistic. That turned into a three-hour affair, which was super fun, but it meant I got home at 9:50pm feeling like death.

So, Palo Alto may perhaps be in my cards. Or not; I'm traveling next week, and every three weeks after that for the rest of the year, and traveling tends to reset my commute hatred just a bit. We can always hope that I can survive the commute, since I like the city and my friends and the idea of not moving...but traffic better get better real quick. Goodnight!

No comments: