Tuesday, May 14, 2013

where there is a flame someone's bound to get burned

I've already written in two other blogs tonight, so Imma keep this brief. Today was somewhat good, albeit not exactly what I wanted; I had meetings straight from eight a.m. to noon, which I took from home in a state of grumpy hunger. Then I had an appointment downtown that took way, way longer than it should have due to some scheduling stupidity; I was supposed to get my hair cut, which should have taken an hour + another fifteen minutes to get my brows waxed, which should have gotten me home round-trip in less than two hours. That would have left plenty of time to be productive with the rest of my afternoon. Instead, the new receptionist scheduled an hour of dead time in between the wax and the cut, which I had to spend, surly, at a nearby Peet's, attempting to be productive on my Chromebook when I should have been productive on work stuff instead. Boooo.

But I got home eventually, and I did just enough work that I didn't feel like a total and utter slacker. Then I made dinner (skirt steak fajitas with peppers and onions), talked to Terry for a bit, came upstairs, procrastinated, and finally wrote the blog post I was avoiding (my semi-regular guest post with the Rubies). I also, on a whim, wrote a Sara Ramsey post and included the first few paragraphs on the weird Christabel project I'm working on - posting early stuff is probably stupid, but it at least feels good to put something out there as proof that I've written something recently.

And now, I must sleep; tomorrow I have meetings straight from nine a.m. to five p.m., which is going to be just as miserable as it sounds. Goodnight!

No comments: