Thursday, May 09, 2013

darling won't you ease my worried mind

I wanted to be in bed two hours ago, but unfortunately my flight from Denver to SFO was delayed by approximately that much, so I didn't walk into my apartment until almost midnight. Boo. This is a double boo since I have a day job now, and I have a nine a.m. meeting, which is all v. unfortunate. There are many things I like about my job, but getting up for it is not one of them.

Anyway, my trip was uneventful other than the delays; I got out the door on schedule this afternoon, and my parents and I had lunch in Millerton (one of the only remaining restaurants in the county; good thing it's tasty) before I drove myself to the airport. It was quite odd to drive myself there, since I usually don't have a rental car, but it was all quite smooth and I had way more time than I needed. As it turned out, we were delayed in DSM too; we sat on the runway for half an hour waiting for Denver to tell us we could come, since the weather in Denver was messing things up. When I got to Denver, I had supper and a margarita, which made me sleepy, but I did some writing on the DSM->DEN flight and in the Denver airport, so I'm happy about that.

But now, I must sleep, even if my brain is racing with ideas for the stuff I was writing on the plane - it's the start of yet another new book (or, more likely, serialized story), starring Christabel, who showed up unexpectedly in Nick and Ellie's book. I thought I was going to serialize the twins, but I'm more interested in Christabel, so we'll see where this goes. I need to pick something and stick with it, since this is the third book I've broken ground on in the past three weeks (not to mention the secret non-gargoyle YA project I keep picking up and putting aside). But for now I plan to see where it takes me. Goodnight!

No comments: