Wednesday, June 25, 2014

choose your own endless conversation

I should have been in bed three hours ago because I am old, but instead I went out and frolicked like a young person - and I have no regrets, although I may have some in the morning. I woke up at six-ish this morning, wrote for an hour and a half, took two hours of meetings from home, went to the gym, trained with Alyssa (we are still trying to avoid my broken toe, but the workout was mostly successful), and then went to the office and slogged excessively for the rest of the day. But I peaced out at 5:30 and met up with Joann and Jane for a friendship renewal; Tolu wasn't there as he has spawned progeny recently, but Joann, Jane and I had a v. delightful catch-up.

By the time I got home, it was almost nine, and while the sun had just barely set, I would not have usually considered going out again. But Claude was in town, and so I dragged Terry over to my old neighborhood to have a drink at Blackbird with Claudia and Adit (some people call him the cat). Sadly, Claude slept through my texts and so was almost ninety minutes late, at which point Terry was ready to die. So we hung out for a little bit, Terry left, Adit and I stared at each other and at Claudia in stupefied exhaustion, and then we were on the verge of going home...when Adit decided it was time to 'activate'. So we had another round of drinks, and ended up having a seriously delightful (or delightfully serious) conversation about the meaning of life. Yes, we went there.

But now Claude is back in her hotel and preparing to fly to the east coast, and I must sleep before I make tomorrow any worse for myself. Needless to say, a six a.m. wake-up for writing is not going to happen. Goodnight!

No comments: