Sunday, June 29, 2014

drop past the color come up through the summer rain

Thorington and I had a v. long, v. productive day together. I'm still nowhere near done, since I keep adding pages to the beginning rather than the end, but I feel good about the progress I'm making. I woke up around 7:30 or 8, took care of some tings online, made tea and wrote in bed for awhile, and eventually was hungry enough that I had to pause to eat something. Then I dragged myself and my broken toe down to Rapha, where I wrote for a couple of hours over an iced latte.

At that point my toe was hurting, since I made the mistake of wearing tennis shoes instead of flipflops (apparently I still can't wear close-toed shoes, but walking ten blocks in flipflops is a fool's errand for my shins). So I didn't go to the gym as I had considered, and instead came home and ate leftover steak + fresh eggs (almost like going to the gym, right?). Then I messed around in my room, got dressed, put on some nice makeup (who am I kidding, all my makeup is nice), and talked to my parents for quite some time. They were in good form and are good about letting me bitch about things I can't control, so that was soothing. Then I packed up and walked over to Nectar - again, I should not walk that far, even though I'm getting stir-crazy from only walking a couple of blocks at a time. But I wrote for another hour while drinking some champagne and saying hi to the owner, so that was great.

Then I cheated on him by going to another wine bar two blocks away to have dinner with Terry and Lauren (aka Subz). I hadn't seen Lauren in a couple of weeks, but she was in fine form, as per usual. And we had a delicious halibut, and I cut myself off after a second glass of champagne so that I could write when I got home. I mostly succeeded for the last thirty minutes, but I suddenly feel like I have to go to bed immediately or I will want to die in the morning. So wish me luck on not dying - goodnight!

No comments: