Sunday, December 28, 2014

tie me to a post and block my ears

The last of the Christmas festivities ended today, which was perhaps for the best as I was feeling a wee bit Scroogy (in a v. accurate definition of the word Scrooge, since I really just wanted to get back to work on my writing stuff rather than taking yet another day off). Uncle Mark, Aunt Kathy, and Drewbaby were here most of the day, which was delightful, although I squashed an attempt to play Rail Baron because I refused to be the banker (which essentially chains me to the table for six hours) and no one else cared enough to pick up the heavy mantle of responsibility. Instead, we sat around, talked, stared at devices, ate leftovers, and watched football. For me, at least, that was perfect, so hopefully other people had fun too!

sssanyway, the northern branch of Wamplers left around fourish, and I spent the rest of the day indulging my desires...napping briefly, then working/messing around online most of the evening. In perhaps-related news, I may be getting sick, but I'm hoping some vitamin C/zinc/puritanical work ethic will stave it off. And now I'm going to sleep for a million hours and hope my sore throat passes so I can do all sorts of work tomorrow - my plan for this week is to get on top of some romance business-related stuff so that I can have a clean slate with which to plot Rafe and Octavia's book next week. Yay. Goodnight!

No comments: