Sunday, December 21, 2014

i'll bet the odds against it all

Today was precisely as lazy as I wanted it to be. I got ten hours of sleep last night, which wasn't quite the million that I wanted, but it was something close to what I felt like I deserved. I made it upstairs just in time to con my father into making eggs for me (okay, he insisted) so I could eat them with the bacon and potatoes he and my mother had graciously left over for me. Then I lazed about some more, showered, and finished reading the book I started on the plane yesterday (Eloisa James's latest), which I really liked a lot. It was the first historical romance I'd read in ages, since I tend not to read them when I'm writing (and I'm always writing)...but if my vacation goes as planned, it won't be my last.

Then, I went into town with my dad, where we examined the new grocery store (awesome!) and visited my grandmother (depressing!). We returned to the safety of the country, where my mother made zucchini lasagna (in deference to our general gluten-free lifestyle), which we all enjoyed while watching '60 Minutes'. I spent the rest of the evening plowing straight through another romance novel (the second book in Sarah MacLean's Scoundrels series, which I got woefully behind on due to the aforementioned tendency to avoid historicals while writing). I really liked it as well, although I wasn't so engrossed that I couldn't take occasional breaks to exchanges texts and Facebook messages (mostly stickers) with the family I left behind in San Francisco.

And now I intend to repeat the same astonishing feats of sloth tomorrow, which requires going to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: