Tuesday, December 30, 2014

every claim you stake

I don't think I can keep describing my sloth levels accurately. Today was epically slothful, although I did a bit of work in the afternoon. But I took the evening off from all responsibility to eat supper with the family (crab legs!) and then enjoy one of my favorite television nights of the year - the Kennedy Center Honors. I wasn't quite as moved by this year's performances as I've been in past years, unfortunately...but I always like Sting, and Tom Hanks and Lily Tomlin are v. interesting, so that was all good.

Then I started reading a book on willpower, which is proving to be quite interesting - it's heavy on research rather than on motivational statements, which is my preferred type of self-help/nonfiction book, so I'm enjoying it for now. But I'm going to go to bed and hope to continue my trend of getting nine hours of sleep, since getting enough sleep is probably more important than anything else for improving willpower (or at least for improving my general mood, which has been highly successful over my last ten nights of nine hours of sleep each). Goodnight!

No comments: