Tuesday, December 02, 2014

she says you're like a disease without any cure

So much for my attempt to get back onto my absurdly early schedule. I'm pretty sure Hawaii completely obliterated the post-Frankfurt early-to-rise situation, which is not the end of the world...but despite my attempt to wake up at 5:40 (which turned into 6:15), I didn't make it out the door until seven, which meant it took ninety minutes to get to the office. Boo.

But the office was fine, as such things go; I made it through some email, had a couple of meetings, and had lunch with Alaska Matt, which was the highlight of the day and the only reason I even bothered to go into the office. He was in fine form, and we caught up over our usual Mexican food in the corner of a cafe where no one can overhear us. Then I slogged some more, but I left a little before four so that I could try to beat traffic, and I miraculously made it home in an hour. Since I got home early, I took the highly unusual move of going for a walk, since I was trying to increase my steps after a v. sedentary day. The walk did me a lot more good than staring at my sales rankings would have done (even though the sales are good, tanks for asking).

Then I took a v. quick shower, put on real clothes again, and met up with Chandlord (aka Vidius Chandicus) for dinner at Nob Hill Cafe. We both had gnocchi and wine, and it was delightful to catch up in a secluded, slightly strange, highly delicious environment. Then she dragged me to a free concert that she'd been invited to by her former real estate agent (weird, I know) - it was in the Masonic Center, which was cool to see inside of, but the concert was extremely sparsely attended (too bad since the band was actually okay), so we only stayed for a couple of songs (mostly to watch the videographer, who was filming the band while skating around on roller skates, which I suppose created a poor man's tracking shot). Then Chandlord showed me her new apartment, which is gorgeous. And then I walked home from Nob Hill, which was luckily downhill, so I survived it.

And now I must sleep so I can try again tomorrow - but I already doubt that I will get up early, since I decided not to try to get into the office before my eight a.m. meeting. I'll have to go down later to train with Alyssa, but attempting to get up at five tomorrow is a fool's errand. Goodnight!

No comments: