Monday, December 22, 2014

i'll tell you my sins so you can sharpen your knife

Today was something of a repeat of yesterday, and I have no regrets. I got approximately ten hours of sleep, which means I missed breakfast, but my parents had saved some bacon for me and left the skillet out, so I made some v. tasty eggs and enjoyed my carnivorous breakfast on my own. Then I spent an hour or two taking care of some tings; the most important ting was renewing my passport, since it expires this spring and I don't want to be caught without it. The other most important ting was mailing some books to the romance writers group for entrance in the RITAs; while the competition is stiff and it's probably a waste of time and emotional investment, I actually still really like Thorington's book (shocking, I know), so I sent them off with more hope than I probably should have.

But I went into town around two to accomplish all of the mailing, along with going to the bank and going to the grocery store to take care of some other tings. And then I came home and promptly slacked off the rest of the day. I spent the majority of it reading the third book in Sarah MacLean's series, and I may be overdosing on historical romance as a result - three in three days, when I haven't read one in months, is quite a bit. But I enjoyed it, even if staring at a tablet for that long is probably a bad idea.

I did take a break for supper with the family - my mom made french fries in lard, which are as insanely delicious as you might expect (if you eat lard, which you probably don't). And I also watched bits and pieces of fine CBS programming while reading, so that was nice. Now, though, I plan to go to bed so that I can accomplish some wrapping of gifts, some swinging of kettlebells, some typing of emails, and some reading of books tomorrow - grand plans, I know. Goodnight!

No comments: