Wednesday, August 04, 2004

you blew me off and turned me on

I had a fun but hectic day at work today, and topped it off with 'The Village.' I highly recommend it--I won't say anything really about the plot, since I could easily spoil it, but I thought it was very well done, for the most part, and I enjoyed it immensely. If nothing else, it was very beautiful. Now, if only something could have been done about the half-dozen teenage girls who insisted on screaming as loudly as possible whenever anything remotely scary happened, it would have been truly lovely.

Two more days of work, and then I go back to Iowa on Friday! It should be lovely. My family is picking me up Friday night and we'll have dinner in Des Moines, possibly followed by a traditional round of mini-golf. We shall see. My father shaved off his beard today, and unveiled it at home--he apparently looks ten years younger. I'll believe that when I see it ;) Actually, I'm kinda sad because he won't be there most of the time that I am home because he has a job in New York that he can't put off. Sad times.

Saturday is the family reunion--it's my father's mother's side of the family, so they aren't really close, but close enough that it's always fun to see them. We always use the old-fashioned five-gallon ice cream freezer and make hand-cranked ice cream, and I usually play bocce ball with some of the cousins. We have it as this farm out in the middle of nowhere, a few miles from my house--the people who own it rent out the house and yard for parties or week-long visits, although most of the business goes to out-of-town hunters during the hunting seasons. It's a fun place to go, especially since it doesn't involve cleaning our house before and after :)

In other news, I've been looking at bedding again. I only actually have one set of queen-sized bedding, which truly isn't enough for someone with my obsessive tendencies towards bedding. So, we shall see if I make any drunken bedding purchases in the near future. The current object of my affection: http://secure.linensource.com/default.aspx?sid=cshcpf5533eamj45q1pxna55&page=product&sender
=search&uid=HAQ&CategoryID=HAQ

It's bookmarked, if that tells you anything. I'm worried that it will be too bright, not red enough, and therefore not far enough away from my current blue print bedding. However, it's between either this or red velvet/satin, and the latter seems a bit overblown and unnecessary. Thoughts?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude! Linensource.com is awesome! I got some, uh, turtle-themed sheets and pillowcases there once. Yeah. They're awesome.
Since you are requesting thoughts on your bedding possibilities: It's all happy and stuff, and I don't think it's too bright, but.. where's the pink??? And since when did overblown-ness and unnecessariness stop you from doing anything? (Although I suppose red velvet might be a bit much..)
And finally - can you please tell me what your new address is?
See you in September!!!!
~Joanna

Anonymous said...

Darling, red satin is never overboard...

-emily