Thursday, August 12, 2004

and i just can't look, it's killing me

Man, I'm sick. I hate being sick on my vacation. That lovely cough that I had three weeks ago has returned with a vengeance--I haven't lost my voice yet, but I've been coughing violently for the past couple of days. I finally broke down and decided to go to the doctor tomorrow. So, we'll see what he has to say. I'm hoping that it's nothing too serious and that I can get it cleared up with some heavy-duty drugs--however, my seventy-year-old doctor isn't allowed to write prescriptions right now because the state board of medicine determined that he'd been overprescribing pain-killers, so hopefully that won't be too much of an issue :)

I've been busy the past couple of days--yesterday, I had lunch with Katie and then went over to my sister's and had ice cream with my nieces and nephew. Today, I had lunch with Katie again, then spent a couple of hours lying around sick, and then I went to Lorena's for tea. It was great, since I hadn't seen her since Christmas; she's a great lady, and we had a three-hour conversation about all sorts of things. But, my vacation is rapidly drawing to a close :( Tomorrow, Saturday, and Sunday, and then I fly back to California on Monday.

Happily, though, the Olympics start tomorrow! I can't wait. And all y'all in California had better be ready to watch the Olympics with me, or there will be hell to pay...

No comments: