Monday, August 16, 2004

deutschland, deutschland, uber alles

In case you don't read the comments, here's something from Joanna:


At 4:11:04
AM
, Anonymous said…
...And can we extend our Austria night to a generalGerman-Speaking-Countries Night, please? I am getting a giant German flag for Johann, and we can use it before I give it to him, and we can play German/Austrian music and you can put all your anti-Hitler conspiracy books out on display and we can eat wurst and swiss cheese, and not play mafia at all, and it'll be totally sweet. We'd have to find a way to include the governator too.Maybe watch some really bad movie with him in it.I am way
too excited.Over and out from Germany.

We're *definitely* doing this, so anyone who is interested in some good ol' Austrian/German fun should prepare themselves for some hot times this fall.

And now, I need to get ready; I'm leaving the house in an hour, and will be back in California tonight. That means that I will most likely miss part of the men's gymnastics final, as well as the huge showdown between Ian Thorpe, Michael Phelps, and van der Hoogenband (or however you spell his name) in the men's 200m freestyle. Damn. I'll check in later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay for Arnold night, or "shuwa-chan" in Japanese (-chan is a diminutive title for young or cute+unmarried girls). The guys I work with know all their Spanish from the Terminator movie, and I'd like to add that the first time I really voted for a state-wide office was to elect him governor.

-michael