Tuesday, August 31, 2004

and we live in a beautiful world

I saw 'Hero' tonight w/a bunch of random people (Walter, Claude, Claude's brother, Zach, Emily, John, Felicia, Victor and Geoff). I thought it was fantastic, and basically cried through the entire thing, to the point that I didn't even pick up on the basic fact that China is now communist and the whole movie was made just to appease them to the point that it could be shown. This realization didn't strike me despite the fact that I read an article earlier about the director and how he basically made this movie because he wanted to make something beautiful that wouldn't get censored. I just didn't care. It was *beautiful*. That was all that mattered. And the story was good, in my opinion. And I cried a lot. That's all about that.

It's 11:46, and I'm about to go to bed, and that's the earliest I've gone to bed in like three weeks. I'm physically exhausted, and I think I'm emotionally exhausted as well--staying up really late is taking its toll, and I'm stressed at work, and I have to go to a Giants game tomorrow night as 'team bonding', which annoying because I really just want to sleep. Damn.

However, we do live in a beautiful world. And that means a lot.

No comments: