Friday, August 27, 2004

don't panic

Wow. I'm overworked and over-Olympic'd, and that combination is v. dangerous. It basically means that I'm no longer getting enough sleep, but I guess that's okay. So, it's 1:24 a.m. and I'm sitting in front of the TV working and watching the Olympics. I spent far too much time watching the men's 50k speedwalking event (soooo boring), before realizing that the latenight coverage of mainstream sports was back on NBC, so I switched over. I was in time to see an interview with the three Americans who swept the mens' 200m sprint--they're great. At first I thought they were all punks, based on some of their antics during the prelims of the 100m dash, but they've since showed a lot of class. This was especially surprising given that the crowd for the 200m sprint booed for ten or fifteen minutes, apparently trying to stop the race in protest of Kentaris' withdrawal. This meant that the athletes couldn't hear the start gun, and it was really frustrating. But, they brought home three more medals for the US. Yay.

Anyway, nothing else is really going on. I had a really good quarterly review a couple of days ago, and it improved my spirits somewhat. I'm rather sad that Walter is moving away in a couple of weeks, but I am excited to live with Claudia. I am also looking forward to seeing all the people who will be coming back to school soon. So, things are changing, but some of the changes are for the better. And that, at the end of the day, is a good thing.

No comments: