Monday, September 20, 2004

the sound of settling

So, I've been rather lazy today to make up for all the running around I did Friday and Saturday. My talk to my prof's SoCo class went really well on Friday; it was nice to go back and remember my project and remember exactly how much I really did for it, and the amount that I did was evident in the slightly glazed expressions of the people in the class. They seemed interested in what I did, but considering that the entire focus of my project changed several times over the course of three years, it's no wonder that I had a hell of a lot of output besides my written-at-the-last-second honors thesis. That was a lot of fun. Friday night was a visit to Patrick's apartment, followed by Felicia's going-away party. Sad business, that...I feel like this is the first year where several people have moved away all at once, and between Walter, Felicia and Jasmine, things won't be quite the same around here :( Sniff, sniff.

Saturday, I had to go to the city for a barbecue in Crissy Field--the directions that I got were wrong, and so we ended up at the opposite end of Van Ness from where we wanted to be, which was a 45-minutes detour. Damn. It was unfortunate for everyone else that I was so late, since I had the plates :) But, whatever, it was a surprisingly lovely day in the marina area, so the afternoon was nice. Then I came back, took a nap, and made a corn casserole to take to a coworker's potluck dinner thing, which was fun. I topped it off by picking up Shedletsky, who had returned that afternoon, and taking him to IHOP for coffee and conversation. I'm looking forward to everyone else getting back as well...especially since online mafia was smashingly fun and I think that the 'group' is much more likely to hang out altogether than it was six months ago. Yay. I'd like to play online mafia again sometime soon, but I would also like to see people in person, even for something other than mafia (such as a beach bonfire or something). Too bad the Wachowski brothers aren't coming out with any movies this fall...

Today, I slept until noon, had lunch with Renee, Vidya, Sri, and Stephan, then came home and slept some more. I took Patrick's cooler back to him tonight, and ended up hanging out in Paloma with Tommy and Ariel and did some desultory helping-with-decorations until I realized that a) I have to get over my longing for being on staff/helping with orientation and b) I need to sleep since I have to work tomorrow. So, sleep is what I should be doing right now.

No comments: