Monday, September 13, 2004

when all is said and done and dead...does he love you the way that i do?

It was a good and bad weekend, all rolled up into one. Or rather, it was a good weekend, and a bad week preceding it. I was completely unproductive at work, partially due to circumstances beyond my control, and partially due to extreme heat/laziness/desire to hang out with Walter. Then, Walter did end up leaving on Thursday, and I was very very said because I only found out (and, well, he only found out) and hour or two before he had to leave for the airport, which is when the FedEx dude showed up with his visa. So I didn't really get to say goodbye, and since I'm a big fan of closure and definitive endings, that was really hard :( But now it feels like a new chapter of my life is beginning, if that makes any sense. I will stop myself before I get too melodramatic about this.

Friday, I went out with coworker's to celebrate someone else's birthday, and it was v. fun. I was surprised when I got to work on Friday morning and found they had decorated my cube for my birthday--streamers, signs, pictures, etc. I had decorated the other guy's cube the night before for his birthday, but did not expect that they would decorate mine in the morning. So, that was very nice. We had dinner at Max's Opera Cafe, and then we went to the BBC in Menlo Park--very fun, chill atmosphere, and I hung out with some of my favorite coworkers, and generally had a good time. I also got drunk really quickly, since people bought me drinks in addition to the drinks they bought for the birthday boy, so that was entertaining.

Saturday was my birthday/a day of national mourning, but there seemed to be less mourning than in previous years, so it didn't seem quite so awkward. I had lunch with Claudia, and then we went to Best Buy to browse through DVDs/microwaves, and the John met us. We had Italian sodas, hung out, and then had dinner at CPK. It wasn't an overwhelming crowd--many people were on staff retreat/out of town, but we did manage to guilt Zach into coming. So, that was entertaining--me, Claudia, Zach, Sri, Victor, Laura, John, John's girlfriend Jessica, and Jessica's friend Neil. Felicia showed up at the end, and we were supposed to go bowling, but no one really wanted to, so some of us ended up back at my place, where we watched 'Starsky and Hutch'. A low-key birthday, but better than the last two, so that was good.

Two exciting things:

1) Some of us are playing online mafia again, which makes me exceedingly happy, and hopeful that we can all hang out again this fall, either for mafia or for else fun things. It will be sad without Jasmine here :( but we're getting Joanna and Brendan back, and Can and Vishal will be back, and that will be nice. If you want to check out the mafia board, it's at http://www.quicktopic.com/27/H/VXP8u7iaTuf/p1000.1 - the theme is the Olympics! Yay!

2) I bought this hydroxy-peel masque stuff today, and I slathered it on a few minutes ago, and it's gotten all hard and crazy on my face. It's super-exciting--I tried peeling a little bit and it actually felt like peeling all my skin off, only without any pain. Isn't that awesome?! So I'm going to go peel now. Goodnight, everyone!

No comments: