Friday, September 03, 2004

saving up my food stamps and burning down the trailer park

It's been a really really long week at work, what with other people being on vacation and me having far too much to do anyway. But, I thrive under extreme pressure, so that's okay.

In other news, Walter is moving to Scotland next Thursday, and we're having a party at Pizza My Heart tomorrow (Friday) night at 9pm. Pizza My Heart doesn't know it, but I suppose they'll figure it out :)

It's a three-day weekend, which I'm exceedingly excited about. I'm thinking about buying a real bed, but that seems to signify some sort of permanence with my surroundings, and that's a daunting proposition. But knowing me, I'll be too lazy to move, so I'd rather start sleeping on a bed now than wait until my mat is thoroughly sad and uncomfortable. So, we'll see.

Tuesday I went to a Giants game for my Q3 team offsite at work; it was fun, although I couldn't care less about baseball, and so I barely watched the game. Last night I worked practically the whole night, with a brief break for pizza w/Walter. And tonight--more work, but this time I watched 'Map Makers' on the History Channel and ate macaroni and hot dogs before working again. It felt simultaneously childish and dorky, but it was v. pleasant. Walter's going out of town, so I'd like to a) buy a bed, and then b) read a romance novel in my new bed. Even if the bed doesn't happen, the romance novel most definitely will.

I'm excited for everyone to get back to school. It has been very nice to have something of a break from Stanford this summer; this was the first time in a very long time that I didn't spend more than a few hours on campus over the course of several months. While I somewhat enjoy not going to campus all the time, I miss my friends who will still be on campus, and so I imagine I will go back at least occasionally during the year. I'm thinking about trying to scam some Sixth Man tickets, but that's still up in the air.

I'm really kinda depressed about turning 23--I know it's not really old at all, and even though I work for a young company, I'm still one of the youngest people there. However, when I was younger, I guess I just always assumed that I would meet the love of my life in college and that I would be engaged or practically engaged by now. That, obviously, has not happened. Clearly it's not panic-time yet, or anywhere near yet--but I would like to develop a little bit more optimism in that regard, since any optimism I had in that respect has been completely crushed.

Wow, that was depressing. On a good note, the rest of my summer has been exceedingly good and I'm looking forward to an exciting fall.
:) So, things are definitely way way more good than bad.

No comments: