Saturday, April 29, 2006

she don't want nobody near

Today was a very lazy day; I slept around eleven hours last night, which was v. necessary considering how much I had worked over the course of the week. I had intended to get up early and try to go out of the city, but I'm glad that I failed to set the alarm, since it was cloudy all day and that would have ruined my mood if I'd showered at eight a.m. and then discovered that it was too gloomy to enjoy the countryside. So, instead, I ate a really late breakfast with Sonam, and then went to the office for a bit. Afterwards, I walked into town, and I went to this shop called The Pen Corner, where I broke down and bought myself a fountain pen. As I may have mentioned last week, I had purchased a cheap, basically disposable calligraphy set to keep myself from buying a more expensive fountain pen. Over the course of the week, I've written in my journal almost every single night, a fact that I attribute to the sensual, sexy feeling of ink flowing smoothly across paper. In an effort to encourage my writing habits, I bought a real fountain pen, and it's lovely--nice weight, beautiful red brushed metal, and a nice bottle of blue ink to go with it. So, hopefully I can continue my writing, and perhaps write something more creative than my daily blog entries.

Afterwards, I went to the Museum of Decorative Arts and History, where I spent a great couple of hours--I absolutely love museums that contain glasswork, furniture, and clothing, so this was the perfect place for me. Then, I went grocery shopping, came home, and watched 'Mr. and Mrs. Smith' with Sonam and Tina. It was a pirated copy that I'd been given in India, and unfortunately the quality wasn't very good--it was clearly filmed in the theatre, which explains the jerky cinematography and the sound of laughter at various jokes. I like the movie quite a bit (nothing's hotter than assassins), so I'll have to get a real copy when I get back to the States.

Now, I'm going to have to go to bed--sorry that I'm so boring!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are not boring in any shape or form. You are one of the nicest and most adventurous people I know not to mention loved very much.