Tuesday, October 24, 2006

i sometimes hate stand-up comics

I'm watching the end of Letterman while finishing up some stuff I wanted to send out for work tonight, and I'm not impressed with the latest stand-up comedic offering. The guy wasn't bad, but he didn't hold my interest all the way through his sketch, unfortunately. I think I don't always like stand-up comics because many of them are so loud--and there isn't room in the world for so many people to be loud in addition to me. It's clear that I'm on my way to becoming a crazy, introverted hermit; I think cities are too paved and dirty, I get claustrophobic in crowds, I get tired of dealing with really loud groups, etc., etc. Clearly the only solution is to move to some backwoods cabin in Vermont or North Carolina or something and isolate myself from humanity. How fun would that be?

However, before I do that, I seem intent on significantly impacting the bottom line of Crate and Barrel. I spent half an hour in the parking lot of the nearest Crate and Barrel talking to my mother, which cut into my available shopping time, but I still managed to come away with six wineglasses (amazing that I didn't have wineglasses before, considering that I have every other type of drinking glass available), some awesome soup-bowls that I can bake so that I can try to make the french onion soup the Shedletsky made a couple of weeks ago, and these two leather-covered cubes that double as storage bins and end tables. Great idea--one of them can hold my Dance Dance Revolution pads, so that I look a bit more sophisticated. Yay.

The rest of my day was pretty uneventful. I want to come home earlyish tomorrow so that I can run to the grocery store and make some potato-leek soup; I'm having some of my India expat crew over for dinner on Wednesday so that we can hang out and watch 'Lost' afterwards, and the great thing about soup is that I can make it tomorrow and it will actually be better the next day, leaving less for me to do in the scant amount of time available between when I get home on Wednesday and when my guests will arrive.

Okay, this post is lame. I'm going to bed. Goodnight!

2 comments:

f...... said...

mmm! potato leek soup! gonna post a recipe?

Anonymous said...

You're Lame!!!