Sunday, October 22, 2006

give a little bit of your love to me

I still hate the city. I went up this afternoon and had a lovely brunch (if you can have brunch at 2pm) with Tom and Julie. We proceeded to order drinks when happy hour started around three, and called Vidya so that she could join us. She only lives a few blocks from Tom/Julie, so it was v. convenient. I also finally saw her place (yay!); Tom and Julie saw it too, and we played a rousing game of carrom (an Indian game that is sort of equivalent to finger-billiards, because you use a puck controlled by flicking your fingers to put smaller discs into the pockets at the corners of the board). Vidya's place is v. lovely, w/lots of sunlight, and almost makes me wish that I had bought a place--but I think I need to concentrate on fixing the rest of my life before I start the Wampler trend of becoming a land baron.

After parting ways with that crew, I went over the Heather and Salim's to watch a bit of martial arts/boxing. Some gigantic dude named Butterbean took out his opponent with a series of vicious punches in about thirty seconds, which was apparently the highlight of the night. I don't know--I spent all of my time hanging out with the girls (and later some of the guys) in the dining room. It was fun, but I wasn't drinking because I wanted to be able to drive home, and so that perhaps made it slightly less fun that it would have otherwise been. I just wasn't really in the mood for a raucous party, which is what the expat gatherings always sound like given the extreme volume generated by several of the group's members. I don't know what was wrong, but I wasn't really feeling amenable to being teased incessantly tonight; normally I'm fine with it and in many ways invite it, but the rare nights when I'm not thrilled about it, I don't know how to stop it without throwing a fit and potentially damaging longer-term amusement.

After leaving the party, I took Jenni back to the Marina area, then dropped Subz off in Sunnyvale before coming home. Now it's time for me to go to bed--there are many things I want to do tomorrow, and I'm sure I won't get through half of them, but I should at least try. Goodnight!

No comments: