Saturday, October 28, 2006

tb or not tb

I'm watching an episode of 'House', and the title is 'TB or Not TB'. Ha! That's great.

I spent tonight watching 'Sahara'. The last time I watched that movie, it convinced me to take the Foreign Service Exam (which, btw, I failed, due to the fact that I was inspired to take it by a Matthew McConaughey flick rather than by a deep and abiding interest in denying visas to desperate people). This time, it just made me laugh. I love that movie, and it does make me want to travel into darkest Africa, but I'd also like to live to see the future, so perhaps I'll wait for awhile. Maybe I'll go there in a decade or so and buy a baby; that seems to be approximately how long it takes me to become aware of the latest fashion, and so I'll be picking out my very own African baby around the same time that the bona fide celebrities have moved on wearing meat helmets or something.

I've decided that I need to figure out my life this weekend, and so I intend to spend some time alone contemplating things and setting goals so that I have something to work towards, which should help to alleviate the disquieting feeling that I'm wasting my life by spinning my wheels. So, I'm going to stop writing, go to bed, and then contemplate. Goodnight!

No comments: