Monday, October 09, 2006

only cream and bastards rise

I don't really care about blogging tonight, but I am sensitive about the possibility of losing my loyal audience. I spent the weekend doing less than I should have. I did manage to cut up a whole mass of peppers, onions, and mushrooms, freezing them in a dozen small ziploc bags, each serving enough for an omelette or a couple of quesadillas. This bounty should feed me off and on for awhile. I also sorted through my clothes, but since I was too lazy to repack them in the stackable tubs that they had been stored in, I now have clothes strewn all over my room. I ordered a TV online and expect to have it delivered on Friday, which is v. exciting; it's a 32" LCD HDTV model, which is smaller and more sensible than the 42" plasma that I had been looking at, but still stylish--one of those 3"-thick flatscreens that could hang on the wall, if I wasn't worried about installing it incorrectly and having it crash down and destroy itself on my floor.

Today, I had lunch with Vidius Chandicus (you may know her as Vidya, but sometimes I like to pretend that she's Roman) at Fiesta del Mar today; we spent two hours catching up, since I hadn't seen her since my birthday party. That was fun, even if it did result in me eating more dried-out tortilla chips than I should have. Then, I came home and took a nap, then went to Starbucks, talked to my parents, and then tried to write a story for my short-story class. I wrote it out in longhand using one of my fountain pens (filled with Saguaro Wine), and by the time I left as the store was closing at 8:30, my hand was aching with the pleasant fatigue of accomplishment. I typed up what I had written when I got home, and it amounted to seven double-spaced pages (2117 words)--which, since the max is 12, leaves me with only 5 pages to tell the rest of my story. That's unfortunate, since I think this could be a much longer story, possibly a book; in fact, I had thought of the idea several months ago and had conceived of it as a book, but I decided to start with it as a story for lack of anything better to write about for Thursday. I shall perhaps post it here when I'm done; hopefully I'll finish a draft tomorrow night, although I'm apparently making unexpected dinner plans.

Now, I need to go to bed--I want to go to work relatively early tomorrow so that I can leave relatively early and finish my story. Goodnight!

No comments: