Friday, October 20, 2006

step one: you say we need to talk

I discovered, much to my delight, that Regina-madam is back in the States for a couple of weeks for a wedding, before heading back to India for few more months. Jenni, Arod and I went over to hang out with her and Rohit in their absolutely gorgeous house--I can't believe that she's stayed in India for a year and a half when she has such a wonderful house to come home to. Also, Rohit made tons of food--how can you abandon a guy who cooks for you? Anyway, I love my place, but I wished it felt as put-together as that--I need to decorate more. Then again, a one-bedroom rental will never feel like a three-bedroom that you can paint and mess with however you like.

So anyway, it was great to see them. I can't believe I've been back from India an entire year. That seems impossible--it seems like only yesterday that I was crying my eyes out in the back of a Singaporean taxi, mourning my lost Indian crew and feeling extreme apprehension about the future. It also seems like only yesterday that I was laughing my ass off at how angry my friends got over the now-infamous dinner at Lucky Dhaba, where they all got served to greater or lesser extents. Ah, the memories.

Okay, I should go to bed--I have a full day of socializing in the city ahead of me, and so I may not blog tomorrow night. Finally, happy birthday to Aragorn (aka Viggo Mortensen)--perhaps Sunday I'll watch all of the 'Lord of the Rings' movies in his honor. [note to Tammy: I don't keep his birthday on my calendar, I just happened to see it on dlisted and pink is the new blog].

No comments: