Sunday, April 08, 2007

i must confess i had a wish to love you all along

Yesterday, I left work at 4:30 (shocking, I know), and went to downtown Palo Alto, where I proceeded to hand over a fistful of money to a girl who chopped my hair off for me. I'm not sure what it is that propels me to use 35 words to say 'I cut my hair', but you surely know by now that I'm too wordy for my own good, so I hope you'll forgive me.

The haircut looks really nice; similar to what I got in Cape Town, but a bit less mullet-y. I think that I look better with short hair--I had been enjoying the ability to pull my hair into a ponytail, but I never bothered to do anything else with it, and I think it makes me look younger and less professional when my hair is all frizzy and half-wet at work. So, maybe I shall try to keep it trimmed--but I'm always too lazy to make an appointment for a trim, so it's quite possible that I'll just grow it out for nine months and then chop it off again.

I got up early enough this morning to meet Claude and Sri for a ten a.m. brunch in Menlo Park. The food was delicious, and the conversation was even better--we discussed many things, among them Hinduism, Christianity, and temples v. churches. Afterwards, I went to Crate and Barrel (where I succumbed to weakness and bought a new duvet cover for springtime), came home, and cleaned my apartment. Then, Salim and Heather came down from the evil city, and I spent the afternoon driving around Mountain View and Palo Alto with them--they're interested in moving down from the city to shorten Heather's commute, and I'm always willing to help people who have come to their senses about living in San Francisco. We drove past the hovel that I shared with Walter oh-so-many years ago, which brought warm memories to my heart.

I haven't really done anything else to speak of, except read a romance novel; now I should really go to bed, so that I can accomplish something worthwhile tomorrow. Goodnight!

2 comments:

f...... said...

haircut? doesn't that make excellent photo blog material?

Anonymous said...

hey, sorry i didn't make it down to palo alto tomorrow. let's hang out this week!