Tuesday, April 24, 2007

i've never seen you act so shallow or look so brown

I can't wait for vacation - I'm sorely in need of one. I also can't wait to be over the jetlag from my last trip to Europe; I woke up at four a.m. convinced it was time to wake up, then got up for real at seven, and by two p.m. I had a smashing headache and was ready for bed. No rest for the wicked, though, since between 2pm and 6pm I had six different one-on-ones with some of the people who report to me. I like them all, so it's definitely not a hardship, but it was hard to concentrate since I'm so tired.

After work, I was much in need of some relaxation, and I found it in the form of two back-to-back dinners. The first was a margarita and some nachos w/Kim, who just returned from Ann Arbor; the second was a glass of water and some emotional damage with Sri, Vidya, and Claudia. The first involved a lot of venting about work (I need to stop venting and adopt a more zen-like approach, since anger doesn't do anything other than make me more angry), while the second was weird - the four of us were more obnoxious towards each other than usual, and not really in a good way.

This is where I'm supposed to go off on a tangent about how Claudia and all of my other friends are moving away, and how sad I will be when that happens, and how I'm growing up, etc., but you've read it all several times before, so I shall refrain. I am concerned in general about my future, but it's mostly because I don't know what I want, not because I'm really worried about being lonely (although part of the question of what I want is whether/how to find a partner in crime, how to prioritize/balance work vs. life, etc.). My most immediate concern, though, is going to sleep so that I can get rid of this headache, so, goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wasn't that obnoxious. I said you looked lovely. Dem others was just a jhokes, dawg. Just jhokes!