Monday, February 04, 2008

be more constructive with your feedback, please

Okay, I'm going to break my photo-blogging trend after only two days...but my excuse is that the photo that I wanted to post is on my personal laptop, and I'm using my work laptop because I need the wireless card that my employer has so graciously provided me with. I will be back with photos tomorrow!

Instead, I suggest that you watch this YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FArZxLj6DLk. I know that I'm the last kid to the YouTube party, but Claude recommended 'The Flight of the Conchords', and this particular episode ('Hiphopopotamus vs. Rhymenoceros') is mother-flippin' awesome.

In other news, today was a lovely day! I woke up around eight, took a shower, and did some laundry, although this was likely v. irritating to Adit, who was asleep on my couch when I woke up. Then, Vidya came over, and she and I went to Mike's for brunch. She was annoyed that I didn't blog more about her after seeing her on Friday - apparently, it's not enough for her that she's the only person who has their own freaking category on my blog. The photo I was going to post was of her, but she'll just have to wait, and that will extend her mentions on my blog to three in a row. We had a lovely conversation - she's trying to convince me to move back to my hometown, get elected to public office, and then write a book about it. It's tempting, if only so that I can pass laws that will aggravate my brother, but I think I'll focus on writing my romance novel first.

After bidding farewell to Vidya (by making her and Adit watch the video linked to above), I packed, did dishes, completed some general tidying up, and then left the Bay Area for the 'sunnier' climes of Los Angeles. Given the stereotypes of LA, you can imagine my surprise when I encountered a brief bout of snow on the Grapevine (the pass through the mountains north of Los Angeles). Despite that, I made it here with few problems, although I did butcher quite a few songs with my exuberant off-key singing. I read a romance novel for a couple of hours, decided that I don't like it, and am now going to bed so that I can work on my own novel tomorrow before my friends arrive. Goodnight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

see? don't you feel better having mentioned me several times? hi katrina!y

Anonymous said...

hi vidya!