Friday, March 28, 2008

i've just crossed the line from fashion to crime (but it's such a perfect fit when i am wearing it)

I'm feeling slightly feverish again - and Ziv/Laura, no, our thermometers are not made out of corn. I'm quietly rooting for malaria - it's possible to contract it several months after exposure, and I've been to India several times without taking my pills. We'll see, though - it's more likely that it's a pesky flu, or good old hypochondria.

Today was another excellent day - I woke up relatively early, but then hung out at home until my mother finished making egg salad for lunch. After I ate with my parents, I left for Des Moines later than I intended. I planned to stop at Sephora for a few minutes, but I made the mistake of going into the mall through Dillard's - where I discovered that they were having a fantastic sale. So, true to form, less than twenty-four hours after I told Vidya that I didn't qualify as a compulsive hoarder because I don't buy multiple identical items of clothing in different colors, I bought multiple identical items of clothing in different colors. In my defense, the shirts I bought in multiples were only five dollars each, which was a steal. In fact, I ended up getting ten shirts and two pairs of pants for less than I spent at Sephora. I will leave it up to you, gentle reader, to judge whether that means I got a fabulous deal at Dillard's or was shockingly extravagant at Sephora.

I then proceeded to Borders, where I was a good girl and refrained from buying any more books. Instead, I sat in the cafe and knocked out 4026 words on my romance novel - some of it was stolen from the first draft, but the majority of it was fresh prose. Between today, yesterday, and what I wrote on Monday, I'm actually slightly over the goal for the week. Yay!

I got home around 9:30, and I only had to avoid a herd of deer and one skunk to make the ninety-mile drive safely. I had leftover steak for dinner, watched a bit of basketball (I will ignore the fact that Katie, a fraudulent University of Texas alum, tried to gloat about the Longhorns' victory over Stanford), and am now considering going to bed. But I'll likely stay up way too late and read part of one of the books that arrived from Amazon today - I got volumes two and three of the vampire/werewolf/valkyrie series I mentioned earlier in the week, so you can guess what I'll be doing this weekend. If I don't end up in the hospital with malaria, that is. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seems to me that entering at Dillards was a conscious decision with an underlying desire to buy - afterall, sephora is at the other end of the mall.