Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Day Fourteen - Highlands - Glen Coe, Ft William, Ben Nevis, Isle of Skye

This blog will be quick...the only place in my room that I currently
get data reception is leaning against one of the walls, and I would
really like to climb into bed. But in the interest of preventing my
parents from attempting to contact the Scottish authorities to try to
find my corpse, I shall blog anyway.

Today was another lovely day...we left Oban at nine am to continue our
tour of the Highlands. We saw a ruined castle, which was very
picturesque, before driving through Glen Coe, the infamous location
where the Clan Campbell massacred another clan (the MacDonalds, I want
to say, but it's been a long day) on orders of William IV. We stopped
for lunch in Fort William, and the continued our scenic drive through
the Highlands and over the Skye bridge to Portree, where we will stay
for the next two nights.

The scenery has been spectacular, possibly the most impressive
landscapes i've seen anywhere in the world. And the people on the tour
have been nice too...you'll be shocked to know that none of them have
provoked me to violent rage, which given my (usually well-hidden)
temper is something of a miracle.

I would blog more, but you get an evening off from the absurdly long
posts so that I can go to bed. I'll find someplace outdoors to blog
from tomorrow, so don't count yourself lucky for too long!

No comments: