Saturday, May 17, 2008

Day Seventeen, part 1 - Edinburgh to Amsterdam

So it turns out that the 'male' and 'two small lesbians' settings in
my shower yielded the same perfectly-warm 38-degree (celsius)
water...whereas the single female setting was a frigid 22 degrees. I'm
offended by the implications!

I'm sitting in the Edinburgh airport, waiting for my flight to
Amsterdam. I'm getting out of Scotland just in time, since it's grey
and rainy today...and I think rain in Amsterdam is quite fitting,
since I have loathed that place in the past. However, if it's anything
like my usual tendencies, I will end up falling in love with it...I
tend to be forced to recognize the benefits of things that I've
previously despised, so we will see if Amsterdam is an exception.

In other news, I still haven't figured out my life, but I'm trying.
Maybe Walter will be able to help...although since he would likely
suggest 'biker' or 'mariner,' I may not be able to act on his most
excellent counsel.

Only two more days in Europe! I'll blog tonight so that you know I
haven't been seduced and destroyed by the 'temptations' of Amsterdam.
My dad told me last night not to do anything he wouldn't do, which I
don't think actually set that many limits, so we'll see what kind of
trouble I get into.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that you went to Edinburgh and missed the Falkirk Wheel!