Monday, July 07, 2008

bitch don't just stand there with your nose up

So John looked up 'wamp' on Urban Dictionary to find out what it means in the 'Wamp Wamp (What it Do)' song that we were listening to last night. While there, he found this definition for 'Wamplerosis': "The feeling of extreme persecution that results from the knowledge that somewhere, someone disagrees with you." Now, this may be accurate since I definitely hate it when someone disagrees with me...but he really didn't need to snort when he read it, or vote for that definition along with the eleven other people who had already agreed with it.

This is the first time I've had actual internet access in a week, which is v. exciting. I'm sitting in a fancy room at the InterContinental in San Fransisco, reimmersed in the fun expense-account life; I just got back from dinner (at Pazzia, where we had the memorable Vidya-birthday dinner at which my car got broken into) with a couple of my manager friends from the Michigan office, and the ability to expense dinner meant there was no question about whether to have wine, salad, and entree, and dessert. I may go out again to get a drink with Irish Matt, and I will valiantly attempt to prevent one drink turning into five like it usually does when I'm around Matt.

So all in all, this was an incredibly awesome weekend. I feel like a little kid after a day at a theme park; tired, cranky, but so excited that I probably still can't sleep. Actually, that's how I felt after I went to Disneyland six months ago -- I can't seem to grow up properly. But I have my manager pants and my stylish pumps ready to go for tomorrow's manager conference, so I'll fake it 'til I make it. I'm excited to see my manager friends, but I'm less excited about faking knowledge about the business, so we'll see how it goes.

The drive up from Pasadena was fine; I left there at ten and got here a little before five, with a longish break for Taco Bell and another couple for gasoline, so that's not bad. And it's nothing compared to the drives I took for four days last week...this was like a nice Sunday afternoon drive by comparison. I must admit, though, that I'm glad I don't have any day-long drives coming up in the near future. Now I'm going to take care of some more internet stuff before my drink with Matt; have a great night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i was mentioned...shouldn't this post be flagged 'vidya'?