Wednesday, July 09, 2008

lured to the east bay

I'm staying at John and Jess's place in Berkeley, which is lovely, except for the fact that it's in Berkeley. If this house were in, say, Iowa, or Palo Alto, I would love it. But the very fact that I am technically living in Berkeley (if the requirement for 'living' is 'sleeping/spending more than 24 hours in') bothers me. So I'll likely get up early tomorrow morning, drive down to Palo Alto/Menlo Park, and start looking for apartments.

Today was a good day at the conference; we heard from some more excellent speakers, had a delicious (particularly by conference-food standards) lunch, and had enough free time that I was able to catch up with a lot of people. I ran into Gellman on the way out of the hotel and ended up giving her a ride back to Mountain View, which was great since it gave us plenty of time to discuss everything that's going on in our respective lives; what we didn't cover today, we'll likely get to when we have lunch on Monday. Then I drove around, looked at neighborhoods, and met up with Terry for a quick dinner before driving up to Berkeley for the night.

So that's all that's exciting with me; I'm looking forward to staying in one place for a couple of days and getting some sleep, even if I am driving down to the peninsula or into the city every day for the next week or so. I'll just have to hope that the east bay isn't as evil as I've made it out to be. But for now, it's time for bed!

No comments: