Saturday, July 12, 2008

i plead insanity

I'm seriously debating moving to the evil city. When I was driving around yesterday, I realized there was nowhere down in the peninsula that I truly *want* to live -- and my friends down there are rather few and far between. Many of my friends are actually in the evil city or the equally-evil east bay. And what's the point of having a bigger place with room for dinner parties if I don't have any friends who can come to those dinner parties?

Part of this was fueled by the incredibly nice day I had, and the equally incredibly nice days I've had in the evil city in the past. I had a meeting in the SF office this morning; I've never seen the office before, but it's severely tempting to try to work out of there. The cafe (free of course) has panoramic views of the Golden Gate Bridge and the Bay Bridge, which is pretty spectacular. And it's an easy public transport ride from many places in the city.

Fast forward a few hours to tea with Vidya and Claudia at Samovar in Yerba Buena Gardens. I got there early and had an English tea service (delicious salmon quiche, but the scone and clotted cream were nowhere near as good as what I had in Britain) and contemplated a possible move. Then, when Vidya arrived, we discussed her apartment; she's moving to Boston for a year, and so it's potentially possible for me to lease her place if that's what I want to do. I just don't know what to do!

Apartment hunting aside, today was lovely; Vidya, Claude and I enjoyed Samovar, then switched locations and ended up having a little bit of sushi at a really funny Japanese restaurant in Noe Valley; the elderly Chinese woman acted like she was on crack, which was entertaining. We dropped Claude off at her dinner/party thing, and then Vidya and I picked up takeout pizza from Little Star (mmmmm...nothing like Casey's pizza in Iowa, since this was a half vegetarian/half spinach/ricotta, but still delicious). We went back to her place and watched 'Sahara' -- she finally decided she should see it, but I don't think she enjoyed it as much as i did. Too bad for her!

Now I should really go to bed; tomorrow I'm going down to the south bay for an apartment showing and for an afternoon going-away barbecue thing for a friend who is going to business school, and I should really get some rest!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is your phone number from IA still active? I left you a plum jelly message.