Wednesday, July 30, 2008

hazardous

Two jhokes that I forgot to blog last night that I wish to share with you:

1) I ordered some stuff from Sephora last night, due to the fact that I don't have time to go to the mall and pick up some necessities, and encouraged by the additional fact that by shopping online I don't waste time or money by trying scores of new products. When I was selecting shipping, the system told me that I could only ship my order via ground service because my order contains a HAZMAT product. WTF?! It makes me doubt a bit whether I should really be using any product on my face or hair that can be considered a hazardous material. I mean, I'm pretty sure that the culprit is the spray bottle of dry shampoo, but what if the hazardous part is the chemicals in it and not the fact that it's a spray? Then again, even though I love cosmetics, I'm not using anything with white lead (like all the foundation-type concealers back in the Regency period) or belladonna/nightshade (which Italian women used to distill and put into their eyes to make their pupils attractively dilated, seriously increasing their risk of blindness).

2) Driving through Mountain View last night, I saw an apartment complex that was advertising a "2 bdr, 1 bat" unit. I wish I had had my camera. Do you think the bat is kept out in the open, or does it hide someplace and then come out to terrorize you randomly? If it's like my childhood home, it comes out randomly, but this is California, and people are crazy about pets here...

No comments: