Tuesday, July 08, 2008

i tuck you in, homie, buenas noches

I'm having a great time at this management offsite. As I told a couple of people, it's a completely different experience when a) you aren't thinking about all of the things you have to get done, b) you don't see people who owe you some action item, and c) you aren't running into people who are wondering when you're going to get back to them about something. Also, I have great relationships with a lot of the people on the global management team, since I've worked closely with people in Hyderabad, Dublin, Ann Arbor, and Boston, so I've run into a lot of fun people.

Still, it's hard to focus on work; by five p.m., I really just wanted the ability to escape and go play Wii, but I stayed dedicated. I may not be so dedicated tomorrow, but time will tell. Most of the stuff today was genuinely interesting, which was good. Even better (since I'm not getting paid right now), we got a new sweatshirt at the dinner tonight; they rented out AT&T Park (aka Giants Stadium), and even though there wasn't a game tonight, we had fun eating hot dogs, doing a mgmt awards ceremony, etc. The sweatshirt is my new favorite; I was needing a replacement for my favorite work sweatshirt, which I got almost five years ago, and this one is particularly nice. Of course, it's 97 degrees here, so I can't wear the sweatshirt for awhile, but I'll be happy this winter.

Okay, I suppose I should go to bed; I'm meeting someone for breakfast at eight a.m. tomorrow, which is painful. And I need to get started looking for an apartment asap if I'm going to be unpacked in time for the Olympics -- they're a month from today! Yay!!!!

No comments: