Thursday, February 19, 2009

burn out the day, burn out the night

This is a four-minute post. Today was lovely in the weather sense; it didn't really rain, which was lovely, and so I didn't have to take my umbrella with me when I went to the cafe next door to get a sandwich. I had a moment of concern when I watched four cafe staffers huddle around two wrapped sandwiches, argue vigorously, and then turn and hand me one of them; but, the sandwich I received had all the right ingredients and I haven't died yet, so apparently they resolved the issue correctly.

However, today was not lovely in the meeting sense; while I had a couple of hours free, I don't feel completely caught up from the long weekend. Jan -- I know you're waiting for a response from me and it's starred in my inbox; hopefully I'll get to it tomorrow!

When I got home tonight, I ate some delicious enchiladas and proceeded to work on some stuff until now. And, I successfully kept from bragging toooo much about my upcoming trip to Hawaii, although it was difficult to refrain from crowing about it given how excited I am. This post may be a bit more disjointed than usual since it's past my bedtime and I'm already anticipating all of the things I want to get done tomorrow -- tomorrow and Friday are key for accomplishing stuff, particularly since I need to write a short story for Saturday's class sometime in the next two days. Ah, well, I shall persevere -- and now you can get some of your regularly scheduled "catch up on Sara's absurdly long blog posts" time back, because my four minutes are up and it's time for bed!

No comments: