Wednesday, February 04, 2009

my sign is vital, my hands are cold

I wrote several paragraphs about writing tonight, and suddenly realized that it all belonged on the Sara Ramsey blog. So check it out if you're curious -- it's all about historical research and the problem of differentiating between real history and the "history" that has built up over thousands of Regency romances, and whether to use the real history or stick with what readers now commonly acknowledge and expect to see.

The rest of my day was pretty uneventful. My commute was not pleasant, so I was ten minutes late to my first meeting, but since it was a redux of my least favorite meeting of the week anyway, I didn't mind so much. I was in a bit of a rebellious mood anyway today, which is why I wore pigtails to work for the first time in a v. long time. As one of my coworkers pointed out, there's absolutely no rhyme or reason to my dressing schemes: last Friday, which I had intended to take off and during which I had only one meeting, I wore a cute skirt and blowdried my hair, while today I had a meeting with a director whom I don't know well (the one I was ten minutes late for), several manager meetings, a 1:1 with my boss, and three performance reviews, and I wore jeans, silver sneakers, and pigtails. Go figure.

But work was good, and I left at 6:30 so that I could do some writing tonight. Instead, I wasted time and wrote less than 400 words. Tomorrow I won't be able to write -- I desperately need to read the stuff for Saturday's class so that I can write a short story for it on Friday. Bleh. I guess Ferguson and Madeleine will have to keep waiting to find their bliss, but I swear it will happen soon! But now it's time for bed -- since I'm taking Friday off, there's a lot I want to get through tomorrow so that I don't have to work this weekend. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmh..trying to rock corporate whoredom with your radical dressing and hairstyle..I like it! Maybe your next book should be an autobiography of the life of "sara ramsey"