Tuesday, February 03, 2009

first, do no harm

I fell off the wagon straight into a pile of emails and eleven hours in the office today. I had an eight a.m. meeting and was basically in meetings until 4:30pm (with a long enough lunch break to run next door and get my favorite Tuesday special -- baked potato w/sour cream and bacon, mmm). Then, I stayed in the office until a little after seven putting together three performance reviews for tomorrow, getting through a *lot* of email, and writing my Q1 goals. Just ignore the fact that I'm already a month into Q1 so that my focus on goal-writing still sounds impressive.

But, I feel good about how much I got done, even if I didn't end up writing tonight. By the time I got home around 8:30pm, I was a bit too wiped out to write, although I did write a post for zee romance blog (and wrote a post that I saved as a draft and will post in a couple of days -- no need to use all my content tonight when I can spread it out). Tomorrow looks like meetings straight from 9am to 5:30pm, but because I did so much today, catching up should be easy and hopefully I'll be able to either write or work on my short story assignment like a good girl tomorrow night.

I shall leave you with this: Doug sent me an email last night saying, "Dude this book just screams Sara Wampler." He was referring to this: PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AND ZOMBIES. WTF?!?! I love me some Jane Austen, and I definitely love me some zombies, so the idea of taking PRIDE AND PREJUDICE and adding in a zombie epidemic is inspired. Yay!

3 comments:

~Wamp said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Did you see this? Not likely since you probably don't spend much time on Yahoo, but one headline today said "Pranks involving electronic road signs stir worry" You should check it out by clicking my name.

Sara said...

@Michael: ha, that's awesome! I will forgive you for patronizing Yahoo since I love zombies and ridiculous pranks.