Saturday, November 19, 2011

all you want is a beauty queen, not a superstar, but everybody's dream machine

It's Friday night, which must mean that it's time for one of those posts that combines "I didn't do enough" with "I drank too much." But first -- a public service announcement! For those of you who read this via Buzz, or who are sooooo tired of the effort required to type in a URL, you now have the option to subscribe to my posts via email. See the sidebar for "get my drivel in your email", and if you enter your email address, it will deliver my posts to your email inbox. Pretty slick, right?

sssanyway, I woke up this morning, did a bit of non-writing work (the social media side of my job), and then drove down to Palo Alto to train with Alyssa. Right when I got there, I got some potentially good news in my inbox, but I'm going to hold out and not tell you what it is until it's set in stone. No, my request to become a cyborg did not come through, so don't get your hopes up too high. So I made Alyssa cool her heels while I sent a couple of emails, and then we worked out, which was still strenuous despite missing the first ten minutes of our program. After working out, I showered, dolled myself up (rather ridiculously; my love affair with leggings may be my downfall), then ate a salad at the gym. I then proceeded to Target, where I stocked up on cleaning products, etc., and then I rewarded myself with a peppermint mocha, which may or may not have given me a headache since it was the first sugar I've had all week.

I drove home after that, but I hit the beginning of rush hour and sat in traffic on the approach to the city; while the mocha may have given me a headache, the combo of the mocha and some DJ Tiesto on my ipod was all that kept me from a case of extreme road rage. When I got home, I procrastinated for a bit (again, no writing) before Terry came home surprisingly early. So we talked for awhile, and then she went to get her brows waxed while I answered emails that have piled up over the last 4-6 weeks. Upon her glorious return, she opened a v. nice bottle of wine, which we proceeded to drink most of while watching last week's "Next Iron Chef" and two episodes of "Once Upon A Time". Yes, we're dorks, but I defy you to find a funner evening (or more fun, depending on what level you made it to in grammar nazi training).

Sadly, we didn't watch the OSU/ISU game; I didn't want to watch it, but I'm stunned and thrilled that Iowa State beat Oklahoma State. It just makes Stanford's loss that week that much more depressing, since we would be in the national title hunt for sure if we'd won, but c'est la vie. Still, I feel for Oklahoma State since they lost two coaches from the women's basketball program in an airplane crash today -- what a rough thing to have to play through. But way to go, Cyclones -- tragedy or not, it's amazing that they kept playing, didn't give up, and ultimately gutted it out.

And now, I must sleep; I need to write in the morning, and then I have to go to the wilds of Stockton (or thereabouts) for a romance meeting in the afternoon. Goodnight!

No comments: