Sunday, November 13, 2011

took my love and i took it down, climbed a mountain and i turned around

I'm blogging early tonight so that I can abandon the laptop, crawl into bed with my notebook, and write until I fall asleep. But first, I must say that I'm incredibly impressed (if I do say so myself) with how coherent last night's blog post was; it's almost like I wrote it without having had eight drinks beforehand. Whether it's good or bad, I don't know, but I've retained my ability to go big when the situation warrants and still seem at least moderately sober/coherent. Yay for me, right?

Still, this morning wasn't totally pleasant; waking up six hours after last night's fun times would have been brutal whether I had been drinking or not. A v. long shower helped me to recover, and I slipped into the best purchase I've made in months -- a pair of leggings that look and feel like a comfy sweater, making them a dressier version of sweatpants. Then, I took Terry to the airport and bid her a fond farewell before driving back to the evil city and having breakfast with Priyanka and Adit. Priyanka had wanted me to stay over last night, which made no sense since I was closer to my place than theirs, but since I went over for breakfast it was like I had all the benefits of a sleepover (morning family time) without having to sleep in my clothes and wake up looking like a mascara-smeared train wreck. Priyanka made me a delicious omelette while Adit played tennis in the park, and we continued to hang out when Adit and his tennis partner returned. The eggs helped me to feel more human, which was a v. good thing.

When I left their place, I came home and talked to my mother earlier than usual; she wanted to discuss bedding options for my room at home, and we talked about bedding for nigh on an hour (so for those of you who wonder where I get my bedding addiction and my obsessive planning, I present Exhibit A). We hung up around two p.m., and I had approximately ten minutes to take care of business before Katrina showed up. We had a prearranged date to go to Sephora to take advantage of my 20% off everything coupon. For me, this involved an indecent amount of money stocking up on moisturizer, mascara, and the other staples of my cosmetics wardrobe (since 20% off only happens once a year and is a great deal). For Katrina, who doesn't wear makeup, this was an opportunity to get a couple of key items so that she can dip her toes in the wonderful ocean of makeup.

She may not see it as the wonderful ocean that I see, but it was quite entertaining, even if the combo of our discussion before Sephora and our trip to Sephora took three hours. She bought me a coffee on the way home, which was much appreciated, and then we parted ways so that I could call my parents for our usual Sunday conversation. After talking to the parents, I tried to unwind a bit, ate the last of my leftover chili, and finally sat down to work on the manuscript -- and am not feeling it, since I still have a headache. So I tinseled my hair (so useful, right?), which helped me to unwind a bit more after an entire weekend spent in the company of others. I need some hermit time over the next couple of days, and I intend to take it.

And now, my friends, I shall retire to my bed with my notebook and see where it takes me. Goodnight!

No comments: