Thursday, November 03, 2011

i know that it just ain't right

I sniffled and sneezed and coughed my way through the entire conference today, but I survived the entire thing and am better for it (better in the developmental sense, not in the health sense). I walked into the conference right as it started at nine a.m., and proceeded to spend the entire day tweeting about it. The net result was that I picked up about fifty followers, but probably alienated all my friends who don't care about publishing and hated me for tweeting so much.

The conference was all about ebooks, and there was tons of useful stuff to learn. However, you don't care about any of that. If you do, you can read my post on the group romance blog I'm part of, or check my twitter feed -- but really, you don't need to. The other news is that I finally publicly announced that I'm self-publishing, although that was probably lost in the deluge of tweets about the conference. You can read the official announcement on zee romance blog if you're curious.

By 5:15, I was dead on my feet, but I still met Vivi (not her real name) in the bar of the hotel for a soothing Bailey's on the rocks and some Dayquil (probably contraindicated). She didn't attend the conference, but she came into the evil city to get the lowdown from me, which I gave her whilst sitting in the bar and sneezing periodically. I conned her into going out for soft tofu soup, since I'd been craving it yesterday and didn't get it; just before we left the bar, Priyanka texted to say that even though she turned me down yesterday because she'd just had soft tofu three days ago, she was ready to go again. So I picked her up and we proceeded to 10th and Geary, where My Tofu House gave me some delicious, spicy soft tofu with beef and seafood to warm me up and make me happy. Oh, and the company was pretty good too.

After I dropped Priyanka off at her house and Vivi off at the BART station, I came home, curled up on the couch with my laptop, and watched whatever Terry was watching on tv. When I got up to come upstairs, she said I looked more pale than she has ever seen me (which is saying something, since I ain't exactly colorful). But I couldn't go to bed, since I'd volunteered to write the blog post I linked to above. Now, though, I can sleep, and I intend to sleep until nine a.m., then clean my room, then proceed with my plans for the day as though I'm not dying. Yay. Goodnight!

No comments: