Tuesday, November 29, 2011

the bleeding love, the silent escape

I meant to go to bed twenty minutes ago, but as it's only 12:17am (three hours earlier than I've been going to bed), I'll probably still get enough sleep before I have to get up and go to the airport tomorrow. I was extremely lazy today, alas. I woke up at eleven, read my email, and was so annoyed by one of them (about the ceremony that I'm planning next year) that I pulled the covers back over my head and went to sleep again. So by the time I woke up, calmed down and composed a response, showered, etc., it was two p.m. I went upstairs and ate a snack while watching the Nate Berkus show, then eventually wandered back downstairs to pack. The packing done, I messed around on the internet for awhile, ate supper with the family (steak, baked potatoes, salad), watched some fine CBS programming (Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, NCIS, and the Victoria's Secret fashion show), bid my parents goodnight, came downstairs, repacked (since I'm traveling with only a carry-on and keep changing my mind on what to leave here and what to take back to California), and took care of some email.

Sorry, that's all boring. Hopefully I get a ton of writing done on my plane trips + my two hour layover, and then I'm going straight into hermit mode for the next few days, with the goal of having a clean enough draft of the whole book that I can share it with my beta readers by Sunday. That requires a bit of luck and a shitload of work, so don't be surprised if I go just a little bit crazy here over the next few days. Goodnight!

No comments: